Promotion is an important marketing element. However, to put things in the right perspective here, it is equally important to mention that promotion alone cannot fetch the desired success to your business. You have to work in tandem with the other elements of marketing such as product, price, place, and people. Having said that, we mean, unless all the marketing elements are rehearsed to be directed towards a single point such as the customer satisfaction, promotion cannot make much headway. However, we shall discuss the promotional labels here on the assumption that all other marketing elements are in order.
In simple words, a promotion can be defined as a propaganda bespoke the needs of a business or an organisation. However, a promotion can be oriented towards social goals as you see the government initiatives against the social menaces or to create awareness among the mass on some pressing issues. But, we shall confine our discussion on the promotional labels keeping business perspectives in view.
Key areas of promotional labels:
- Power packed messages: The labels meant for the promotion must carry power packed messages so that those can attract customers and prospects. However, in research, it’s been found that luring the prospects and selling a product to them is tougher than selling to an existing customer of the same product. It further connotes that power packed messages on the labels here must, therefore, aim to arouse interest in the existing customers in the first place. As such, developing a label here would call for some research findings on your existing customers.
- High visibility: The message or the messages on the label must be eye catchy so that the customers and the prospects get attracted to it. And, to do this, you must use the right font and its size. In short, the message on a label must be readable easily.
- Quality: Quality does matter here. A shabby label essentially causes more damage to your product and the brand as a whole than its’ promotion. In other words, you must choose a partner for the labelling that’s well-known for the quality of labels in your niche market, for instance.
- Multiple options: During the life cycle of a product or service, one would invariably need various communication drives. Therefore, you should choose a partner for your label development that offers a wide range of labelling solutions bespoke to your need. In the process, you will have opportunities to close a deal befitting your business interest taking the economies of scale to your side.
- Accredited labels: Go for the accredited labels only such as the ISO 9000:2015 labels that speak quality.
- Experience and expertise: Choose a partner that has years of hands-on experience and expertise on the label development and manufacturing.
People having a fair idea about the labels would know that it can essentially be a tag or a sticker that is wrapped around a product on display for sale. Therefore, promotional labels have the potential of luring the customers and prospects bespoke to a business need.