If you are fed up with internet connectivity and its brainteaser and annoying problems then we would say that you have arrived at the right place. Yes, we have an instant and appropriate solution for all your maddening problems. Also, remember if you have lack of internet connection, then you will never access the Linksys Extender Setup page and do Linksys Extender Login. A good internet connection coming out of the main router is a lot important to have access to all the mentioned things.
‘Extender Linksys’: Useful Guide to Troubleshoot the Internet Connection
1. Can You Actually Ping It
First of all, we would like to recommend try performing a ‘Ping Test’ to see whether you can connect to the outside world or not. It hardly matters that several free ‘Ping utilities’ are there, still the best way is to perform it using the ‘command prompt’.
The process is quite simple. In order to perform a Ping test:
- Open ‘command prompt’ and enter ‘Ping’ followed by the IP address of the site you would like to ping.
This will help in sending small data packets to the target sites out and measures how fast your internet connection is in ‘milliseconds’. If the result is successful, you will see the timed result. If it is not, then the problem might be with your modem or router.
Note: Keep it in mind that not all websites accept pings. So consider pinging multiple sites!
In case you don’t know the IP address, consider calling our tech support team on toll-free number 1-844-726-2255.
2. Are You Sure That You Are Getting The Power
The main reason why you can’t connect to the internet would be your router isn’t getting sufficient power supply. It may be unplugged. Make sure to check whether it is physically and properly connected to the power source. Disconnect it from the power source and reconnect it after five minutes. Also, check that the power switch is on. If your router is still not powering up, then there may be some problem with the power strip or power adapter. In case, you have cable or DSL, make sure that your modem is getting power and updated by the latest and modern firmware of technology.
Note: For Linksys Setup Extender, your router and the modem supposed to be up-to-date and also set free in an open and airy room. The process Linksys Extender Setup cannot be completed without the absence of the mentioned devices.
3. Have you Checked the Status
If you have an updated modem and router, ensure that both are perfectly working well. Check your modem first and then the router to see the status of the LED lights in both the devices. If you don’t see any LED activity, turn the modem and router off and wait for 4-5 minutes before restarting. Now, wait until the modem comes back online before restarting your router. Now, systematically check your existing router. In case, your router doesn’t have status indicators, look around to see if the Ethernet ports are flashing or not. If there is still no activity, then turn off the router. First, unplug and then reconnect each connected cable, ensuring that each cable is plugged in correctly.
Note: This step is very important to access extender.linksys.com for your Linksys Extender Setup.
4. Use the Latest, Modern, and Updated Firmware
The main reason that causes internet connectivity problem is the use of an outdated firmware of router that won’t allow you to access extender.linksys or Linksys.com. Well, it may interest you to know that a ‘Firmware’ is embedded software, installed at the factory on a ‘ROM’ (Read Only Memory) chip.
A firmware lets the router hardware to implement ‘network’ and ‘security protocols’. Almost every vendor provides downloadable firmware updates that resolve network issues, add new features and increase throughput performance. So, to fix this issue, make sure to update your firmware to the latest version. This should help you resolve the internet connectivity issue and complete the process of Linksys Extender Setup.
5. How To Setup Linksys Range Extender
You might need a range extender here to get the best internet connectivity all over the house. As we all know that a router isn’t enough to supply high-range of buffer free internet connectivity all over the house. That is the reason why we recommend our users to switch to a range extender.
- Use an updated version of the router and connect it with your range extender.
- Bring both the devices within the range of your computer and plug them all into an electric wall socket.
- Open a web browser and in the address bar type the default IP address of your range extender. If it doesn’t work, consider typing extender.linksys.com or Linksys extender.linksys.com.
- After that, a page appears asking you to fill in the default login details. Enter them in order to proceed forward.
- Now, select ‘wireless’ after that basic wireless setting you have to set the ‘radio button’ to ‘manual’.
- Enter the router’s SSID (network name).
- Next, what you have to do, on the ‘wireless security’ option, consider selecting the ‘security settings’ that perfectly matches with your ‘router’s configuration’.
- Click on the icon ‘save settings’ by entering ‘passphrase’ or ‘WEP key’.
- Unplug all the cables for one minute. First priority is your router, plug it first and after two minutes, and plug in your range extender.
- Now, range extender is now configured and future ready to deal with all your WiFi devices.
If you face any issue regarding your internet or Linksys Extender Setup, you are free to lay them on us any time of the day or night.