It is said that it is a rare woman indeed who said she has all the clothes and shoes that she needs. Even with a closet full of cupboard before her, a young girl or a lady would still hope to find a better dress for a particular occasion. Thankfully, there are a number of manufacturers, who have an endless supply of interesting clothes for women, for all occasions, for all seasons and to suit all kinds of budgets.
Women ethnic wear online shopping is a worldwide rage. It’s not just traditional Indians who are opting for ethnic dresses such as salwar kameezes, saris, kurtis, lehengas and traditional skirts. Women from other parts of the world too are enamoured with the use of bright colours, a variety of colours, different fabrics and prints and the intricate work done on some of them. There are a few more reasons why you should consider investing in good ethnic wear:
- Ethnic wear can be mixed and matched with other dresses in the same category or with western wear. For example, if you have plain palazzo pants in a block colour such as brick red, you could team it up with a sleeveless short top with mirror work and embroidery. You are thus mixing the modern with the traditional to create a striking effect.
- Most of the ethnic wear available is really comfortable to wear. The popular choice of kurtas with leggings or short kurtas with Patiala pants is a rage amongst the college going crowd because it looks stylish but doesn’t hamper them from attending their classes or participating in college events.
- Ethnic wear is available in a number of materials. Most of the western wear is restricted to just a handful of materials because if those materials are not used, you cannot get the desired shape or cut of those dresses. But there is no such problem with ethnic wear! They could be in cotton, synthetic, crepe, georgette, silk, combination of cotton silk, jute, etc. The list is endless!
- The detailed work on ethnic wear such as the stitching pattern, hand painting, usage of bells, shells, mirrors and sequins and lace edges make them even more interesting. You don’t have to worry about getting even party wear in ethnic style because there are plenty of those available too.
- Ethnic wear is available in all kinds of colours. They can be sombre and grey or they could be a bright shade of blue, pink, yellow or red too.
If you thought that it’s just little girls and ladies whose age is 40 and above who shop for such clothes, then you are wrong! Haven’t you seen the gorgeous actresses in Bollywood who have carried off so many traditional dresses with aplomb? Many celebrities even choose to wear only ethnic wear even to page 3 parties!
Author: The author is a popular socialite who has written a couple of coffee books on garments and accessories. She has also recently taken to blogging on sites such as www.getsetlo.com and in social media sites.